Instructor Bio: Dave Macholz
Trainer, Technical Training Program, WORLDPAC, Inc.
- Complete Toyota Diagnostics
- College Automotive Instructor
- Honda PACT Instructor
- Toyota / Lexus T-TEN Instructor
- Training Curriculum Development
- Motor Age Magazine Contributing Editor
- General Automotive Technician
- Former Shop Owner
- Independent Automotive Trainer
- Toyota Certified T-TEN Instructor
- Honda Certified PACT Instructor
- NYS Certified Teacher- Vehicle Mechanical Repair
- ASE L1
- ASE Master
- Associate Member of SAE
- MACS Certified Section 609 Instructor
- Member of the North American Council of Automotive Teachers (NACAT)
Dave began his career as a Technician at the age of fifteen and worked as a tech while pursuing a degree at CUNY Queens College. After College Dave owned and operated his own shop and continued to work as a Technician until being hired as a full time High School Automotive Teacher at Eastern Suffolk BOCES in Oakdale NY. Dave served as the lead instructor for the AYES Automotive program at ES BOCES for several years before leaving to take a position as a full time Instructor at Suffolk County Community College in Selden, NY where he currently teaches for the Toyota T-TEN, Honda PACT, and general automotive programs. In addition to his instructional background Dave writes Technical articles for Motor Age Magazine, serves on several industry and publishing company advisory boards and is an advocate for continuing automotive education for working automotive professionals.
Dave is married to Katie and enjoys traveling and saltwater fishing in his free time.